PersonalImprovement Project Steps:
1) Read Workbook use as areference throughout the project.
2) Pick something you want toimprove in your own life.
*****Best ideas are something you can measure everyday.
3) Bring your project choice toyour seminar leader on January 24.
4) Week 1 Collect baselinedata (Week of January28)
what are factors getting in theway, when does behavior occur or not occur
Create an AIM statement(SMART-specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, andtimely)
5) Week 2 Base line data andcreate a fishbone and process diagram. Discuss in seminar2/7
6) Week 3 Consider ImprovementInterventions. Discuss in seminar 2/14.
7) Week 4 Implement change.Discuss implementation in seminar 2/21.
8) Week 5 Continue with datacollection. Share data in seminar 2/28.
9) Final report due March 7, 2013(see rubric below).
Rather than creating astoryboard as suggested in the PQI workbook, you will create a power pointpresentation with slides representing each portion of thestoryboard.
Componentsof power point (storyboard)
ØYourname or team members
ØAddress/Institution(location of the project)
Statementof the problem
ØHowdo you know this is a problem
ØGivebench marking data
ØListyour SMART AIM statement
Descriptionof the process (what is going on)
ØVerybrief narrative explanation ifneeded
PossibleSolutions (list )
Pilotstudy 1 solution (PDSA).
ØWhatwas the intervention? (remember you can do several PDSA cycles but 1 isrequired)
ØHowwas the data collected & by whom?
Showyour Plan Do Study Act cycles
ØDisplaychart that a most appropriate for your data.
ØMustuse both methods below.
Ø (you do not need to do acontrol chart):
vHistogramor Pareto chart
vRunchart-------Must show 5 weeks of data
ProposedPlan & Conclusion
ØDescribein detail next steps
ØDescribetiming of next improvement
ØBespecific. Be brief.